University of Louisville Bioinformatics
Postdoctoral Associate, Full-Time in Bioinformatics/Systems Biology
- We are seeking (2) highly motivated bioinformatics postdoctoral associates to join our interdisciplinary team of system biologists. Bioinformatics research projects at the University of Louisville currently underway fall into the broad categories of high throughput sequence analysis; microarray and miRNA analysis; and algorithmic approaches to understanding transcriptional and translational control mechanisms. Additional interests lie in the areas of molecular interaction and signaling networks as well as integrations of data across disparate data sources. The successful candidate will be expected to integrate into a larger workgroup of bioinformatics researchers and potentially collaborate across departments, schools, and universities affiliated with KBRIN. The University of Louisville is seeking to build upon an area of expertise by building a team of interdisciplinary researchers for a Systems Biology and Bioinformatics research core. The core will be supported by and have a presence in the statewide Kentucky Biomedical Research Infrastructure Network (KBRIN). Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position(s) are filled.
- The successful candidate should:
- Have earned a Ph.D. degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- Have programming skills and experience in the application of computational and statistical methods to genomic, proteomic, and other high throughput molecular biology data.
- Have a superb track record of publishing scientific results.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate creative independence.
- Be highly motivated to work in close collaboration with a variety of biomedical and computational researchers.
How to Apply
- To apply for the postdoctoral fellowship position, please visit:
staff job id 28774 (0-3 years of experience)
or staff job id 28775 (0-3 years of experience)
- Whitney Rogers (Email Ms. Rogers)
Top of Page